Tuesday 5 July 2011

Task 2: The Lip Sync

As a prelim exercise, Odelia, Jess W and I filmed a lip sync to Five's Everybody Get Up in preparation for our music video workshop where we will recreate the video shot for shot. Leaving our egos at the door, we learnt the lyrics, jumbled together some haphazard dance moves, put on our shades (ate our crackers) and got to work. We were not at all prepared for how exhausting it would be and after filming our performance bed 3 shot we were red in the face (and not just because of the shame of passing pupils peering into Miss Blackborow's office). However, determined to create an edit we were proud of, we soldiered on with enthusiasm and ridiculously gender confused choreography. And this was the result:


From this task, I have learnt the importance of filming the song THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH in each set up. I chose to lip sync to the second verse but found it very difficult to enunciate so it looked like I was rapping convincingly and kept tripping up over my words which meant when it came to editing we had to bulk these lines out with fillers of dancing shots or random cutaways. To avoid this in our actual music video, I will ensure I have enough time to film the whole song through from each set up so rather than grappling for footage I will be spoilt for choice!

I really enjoyed the performance aspect of this task, more so than I thought I would so when it comes to the video workshop I would like the part of blonde ponytail girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment